Innovation Park Medway – northern site (also known as Rochester Airport – Phase 2)
- Capital Investment - Kent & Medway, More than £2m, LGF3
Approved (subject to conditions)
Design in progress
Expected completion date
Medway Council adopted the Rochester Airport Master Plan in January 2014. The Master Plan area was also approved as an Enterprise Zone in November 2015 under the name of Rochester Airport Technology Park.
Onsite infrastructure to enable private development to come forward – site within an Enterprise Zone.
- Initial site provision including access roads and infrastructure;
- Encourage development of a high quality employment site on existing runway land within the
North Kent Enterprise Zone (NKEZ);
- Create 1,300 high GVA jobs.
Delivery of the Innovation Park Medway – northern site project is dependent upon successful completion of the Rochester Airport Phase 1 project, which delivers the required enabling works to facilitate delivery of Innovation Park Medway.
The project was considered by Accountability Board on 15th February 2019 and the decision was made to approve the award of £3.7m LGF funding to this project, subject to the following funding conditions relating to the Rochester Airport Phase 1 project being met:
- The determination of the planning application for the control tower and hub building is not subject to a successful judicial review application; and
- A construction contractor is appointed, within the available budget, and a signed legal contract put in place between Medway Council and the construction contractor.
If evidence is not provided by the 1st April 2019 that the two funding conditions set out above have been satisfied, it is expected that the funding decision will be revisited by the Accountability Board on the 12th April 2019.
Capital Programme delivery update
Take a look at our update on the delivery of the Local Growth Fund (LGF) and Growing Places Fund (GPF) capital programmes.
£570m of investment to East Sussex, Essex, Kent, Medway, Southend and Thurrock
In total the SELEP Growth Deal with Government has brought nearly £600m of investment to East Sussex, Essex, Kent, Medway, Southend and Thurrock and over the lifetime of the Deal (2015-2021) we aim to deliver 78,000 jobs and 29,000 homes.
The deal and brings new responsibilities and flexibilities and is set to attract a further £960 million extra investment into the South East over the five years.