Rochester Airport – Phase 1
- Capital Investment - Kent & Medway, More than £2m, LGF2
LGF project delivered
Expected completion date
Introduction of an Innovation Park at Rochester Airport. Phase 1 of the project involves improvements to airport infrastructure and removal of the second runway.
Releasing the land required for Innovation Park Medway.
- Safeguarding the long term future of Rochester Airport;
- Creating 37 new jobs through airport investment;
- Safeguarding 25 existing jobs.
Successful delivery of the Rochester Airport – Phase 1 project is required in order to facilitate delivery of Innovation Park Medway. Completion of the project will release the land required for delivery of the northern site of Innovation Park Medway. In addition, completion of the project will release the southern site of Innovation Park Medway from current CAA flightpath safeguarding restrictions, enabling development on the site.
Investment in Innovation Park Medway
The project is part of a wider package of SELEP investment in Innovation Park Medway, totalling 11,446,823. This funding will:
- enable reconfiguration of Rochester Airport to release the land required for the development of Innovation Park Medway;
- deliver improvements to the airport infrastructure to help safeguard the future of the airport;
- bring forward delivery of enabling infrastructure, including access road, signage and utilities, required to facilitate development of the first section of the northern site of Innovation Park Medway;
- bring forward delivery of enabling works, including access road, shared footpath/cycle route and utilities, required to facilitate development of the southern site of Innovation Park Medway;
- bring forward delivery of enabling infrastructure, including access road/footpath, utility infrastructure and primary/secondary substations as required, on a wider section of the northern site of Innovation Park Medway to allow accelerated development of commercial space;
- bring forward delivery of pavements and footpaths, planting, street furniture and preparatory ground works to enable realisation of the Runway Park.
For further details on the other phases of the wider Innovation Park Medway project please follow the links below: Innovation Park Medway – northern site (also known as Rochester Airport – Phase 2), Innovation Park Medway – southern site, Innovation Park Medway – northern site extension (also known as Rochester Airport – Phase 3) and Innovation Park Medway – Sustainable City of Business.
Capital Programme delivery update
Take a look at our update on the delivery of the Local Growth Fund (LGF) and Growing Places Fund (GPF) capital programmes.
£579m of investment to East Sussex, Essex, Kent, Medway, Southend and Thurrock
In total the SELEP Growth Deal with Government has brought £579m of investment to East Sussex, Essex, Kent, Medway, Southend and Thurrock. Over the lifetime of the Growth Deal (2015-2021) we aim to deliver 78,000 jobs and 29,000 homes across the SELEP area, with the Deal set to attract a further £960m of investment into the South East over the six year period.