Innovation Park Medway – northern site extension (also known as Rochester Airport – Phase 3)
- Capital Investment - Kent & Medway, Less than £2m, LGF3
Expected completion date
To be confirmed
The project will facilitate delivery of enabling infrastructure works across an extended area of the
northern site, which will accelerate the development and deliver the desired outcomes and benefits more quickly.
This funding will allow the following works to be completed:
• Extended access road/footpath;
• New primary substation;
• Secondary substations as required;
• Trenching for broadband;
• Water main.
Completion of these works will make the site attractive to businesses looking to relocate to Medway. The site will be actively marketed during construction of the enabling works to attract companies looking to build their own premises on the site. Businesses investing in the site will benefit from being within the Enterprise Zone and from being able to custom design their own buildings (subject to site design guide compliance).
Delivery of the Innovation Park Medway – northern site extension project is dependent upon successful completion of the Rochester Airport Phase 1 project, which delivers the required enabling works to facilitate delivery of Innovation Park Medway.
Investment in Innovation Park Medway
The project is part of a wider package of SELEP investment in Innovation Park Medway, totalling £10,268,500. This funding will:
- enable reconfiguration of Rochester Airport to release the land required for the development of Innovation Park Medway;
- deliver improvements to the airport infrastructure to help safeguard the future of the airport;
- bring forward delivery of enabling infrastructure, including access road, signage and utilities, required to facilitate development of the first section of the northern site of Innovation Park Medway;
- bring forward delivery of enabling works, including access road, shared footpath/cycle route and utilities, required to facilitate development of the southern site of Innovation Park Medway;
- bring forward delivery of enabling infrastructure, including access road/footpath, utility infrastructure and primary/secondary substations as required, on a wider section of the northern site of Innovation Park Medway to allow accelerated development of commercial space.
For further details on the other phases of the wider Innovation Park Medway project please follow the links below:
Capital Programme delivery update
Take a look at our update on the delivery of the Local Growth Fund (LGF) and Growing Places Fund (GPF) capital programmes.
£570m of investment to East Sussex, Essex, Kent, Medway, Southend and Thurrock
In total the SELEP Growth Deal with Government has brought nearly £600m of investment to East Sussex, Essex, Kent, Medway, Southend and Thurrock and over the lifetime of the Deal (2005-2021) we aim to deliver 78,000 jobs and 29,000 homes,
The deal brings new responsibilities and flexibilities and is set to attract a further £960 million extra investment into the South East over the five year period.,