South East Export Development (SEED)
- Sector Support Fund - Approved SSF projects
SEED will address known export barriers (lack of international contacts and export knowledge/capacity) through an innovative support programme aimed at SELEP-based companies (product and service-based ‘new-to-export’ companies and existing exporters) in 3 priority sectors with export potential:
- Health & Life Sciences (including medical devices / technology, (e-)health, pharma, diagnostics)
- Food & Drink (including manufacturers, processing, suppliers to the industry e.g. packaging).
- Digital & Creative (including software solutions, apps, web services)
Target international markets will be finalised taking into account progress with new trade agreements and the Department for International Trade’s (DIT) latest advice. Likely focus:
- France, Ireland, Australia (Food)
- USA, Singapore (Health / Life Sciences, Digital)
- Scandinavia / Nordic Countries (all sectors)
Sector Support Fund
The Sector Support Fund (SSF) is a £500,000 per year pot to support one-off, discrete pieces of work of a pan-LEP nature with a sector focus that brings demonstrable benefit and has support across the LEP. At the June 2020 meeting a further £1 million was allocated to the SSF programme and it was extended until 31 March 2022 or when the fund is exhausted, whichever is sooner, The criteria was extended to ensure projects act to support the Covid-19 economic recovery and /or support the economy through the EU transition process.
It uses Growing Places Fund (GPF) Revenue grant to fund a programme of works to support the sector focussed activities that are being undertaken on a pan-LEP basis and predominantly led by the SELEP working groups. When the Growing Places Fund (GPF) grant was originally awarded, a proportion of the fund was earmarked as revenue which is being used for the Sector Support Fund.
Project Change Request August 2021