Gourmet Garden Trails (Extension)
This project has previously received SSF and delivered a successful project. However, in the light of Covid-19 VisitEngland have released additional funding to adapt existing projects to focus on the domestic market to drive recovery of the visitor economy. This offers the chance to carry on the and add to the previous good work.
The amplification of Gourmet Garden Trails will prioritise:
- Adapting product for and targeting the domestic market by capitalising on the growing trend for enjoying local food, local produce, and local landscapes.
- Geographical & product expansion including East Sussex.
- Developing further seasonal content to expand the year-round offer.
- Introduce the GGT product to the USA, as an additional market to Germany and Netherlands, through virtual engagement in preparation for market recovery.
- Making the product self-sustaining through integration with VisitBritain’s TXGB distribution platform. The platform also offers a cheap solution for small businesses to become bookable and increase digital reach.
- Increased press engagement in both domestic and international markets.
Sector Support Fund
The Sector Support Fund (SSF) is a £500,000 per year pot to support one-off, discrete pieces of work of a pan-LEP nature with a sector focus that brings demonstrable benefit and has support across the LEP.
It uses Growing Places Fund (GPF) Revenue grant to fund a programme of works to support the sector focussed activities that are being undertaken on a pan-LEP basis and predominantly led by the SELEP working groups. When the Growing Places Fund (GPF) grant was originally awarded, a proportion of the fund was earmarked as revenue which is being used for the Sector Support Fund.