Delivering Skills for the Future (project extension)
- Sector Support Fund - Approved SSF projects
The Delivering Skills for the Future SSF project was approved in April 2019 and sought to address the widespread shortage of tutors, teachers and trainers across the SELEP area which was highlighted in the SELEP Skills Strategy. The project has proved to be very successful and therefore an extension to the project has been agreed.
The project extension will enable:
- an increased reach across a broader socio-economic range of those wishing to become teachers;
- a range of post COVID-19 career change opportunities including digital focused teaching;
- greater reach to SELEP sector skill priority areas;
- 60 new entrant teachers in skills shortage areas joining post-16 education and training providers and studying for Level 3, 4 and 5 teacher training qualifications;
- 45 new entrant teachers qualified and being retained in the sector beyond one year.
Sector Support Fund
The Sector Support Fund (SSF) is a £500,000 per year pot to support one-off, discrete pieces of work of a pan-LEP nature with a sector focus that brings demonstrable benefit and has support across the LEP.
It uses Growing Places Fund (GPF) Revenue grant to fund a programme of works to support the sector focused activities that are being undertaken on a pan-LEP basis and predominantly led by the SELEP working groups. When the Growing Places Fund (GPF) was originally awarded, a proportion of the fund was earmarked as revenue which is being used for the Sector Support Fund.
SSF Decision Report