Building Back Better
The project will increase the role of Social Enterprises, to achieve contracts and social investment, establish sustainability & viability through access to specialist navigation and mainstream (Growth Hub) business support.
The project proposes a navigator model working across south east, growth hubs and pan-LEP, to ensure that:
- Drive the delivery of a uniform quality standard across the LEP and overcome any ‘postcode lottery’ of access to Social Enterprise support across the LEP.
- Ensure sustainability of on-going business support by taking learning and expertise into the Growth hubs.
The Navigators will:
- Finance –Create clear pathways and access to debt/equity finance significantly grow seed capital availability.
- Networking – Improve connections to supply chains, procurement and influencing policy makers
- Training & Support
- Information & data sharing around best practice / peer support / member networking.
Sector Support Fund
The Sector Support Fund (SSF) is a £500,000 per year pot to support one-off, discrete pieces of work of a pan-LEP nature with a sector focus that brings demonstrable benefit and has support across the LEP. At the June 2020 meeting a further £1 million was allocated to the SSF programme and it was extended until 31 March 2022 or when the fund is exhausted, whichever is sooner, The criteria was extended to ensure projects act to support the Covid-19 economic recovery and /or support the economy through the EU transition process.
It uses Growing Places Fund (GPF) Revenue grant to fund a programme of works to support the sector focussed activities that are being undertaken on a pan-LEP basis and predominantly led by the SELEP working groups. When the Growing Places Fund (GPF) grant was originally awarded, a proportion of the fund was earmarked as revenue which is being used for the Sector Support Fund.