West Kent Local Sustainable Transport Fund (LSTF)
- Capital Investment - Kent & Medway, More than £2m, LGF1
LGF Project Delivered
Expected completion date
West Kent: Tackling Congestion is a package of measures that will address the growing connectivity problems caused in West Kent by traffic congestion and a lack of capacity in the strategic road and rail networks, which is damaging business confidence and the competitive advantage that West Kent businesses have traditionally enjoyed. It will focus in particular on addressing the peak hour congestion caused by the school run and journeys to work by increasing the attractiveness of making door to door journeys by sustainable modes. Infrastructure improvements will be delivered at stations, town centres and key interchange points to facilitate multi-modal journeys using public transport, walking and cycling.
- Station Access Improvements – Maidstone East Station access improvements, including additional cycle parking
- Station Access Improvements – Tonbridge Station access improvements, including additional cycle parking
- Station Access Improvements – Swanley Station access improvements, including additional cycle parking
- Cycle Infrastructure Scheme – 2 new shared use paths between Swanley Station and Swanley Town Centre (linked to 3. above);
- Shared space – Tunbridge Wells public realm improvements;
- Pedestrian Information Displays – 1 Wayfinding sign at Maidstone East Station (linked to 1. above), – 3/4 Wayfinding signs plus finger posts between Swanley Station and Town Centre (linked to 3. & 4. above), – 1 Wayfinding sign in Tunbridge Wells (linked to 5. above), and – 1Wayfinding sign at Bat and Ball Station
- Match funding for Businesses
- Innovative Schools Fund
- Project Management – for the above.
Capital Programme delivery update
Take a look at our update on the delivery of the Local Growth Fund (LGF) and Growing Places Fund (GPF) capital programmes.
£579m of investment to East Sussex, Essex, Kent, Medway, Southend and Thurrock
In total the SELEP Growth Deal with Government has brought £579m of investment to East Sussex, Essex, Kent, Medway, Southend and Thurrock. Over the lifetime of the Growth Deal (2015-2021) we aim to deliver 78,000 jobs and 29,000 homes across the SELEP area, with the Deal set to attract a further £960m of investment into the South East over the six year period.