TALE (Transport and Logistical Efficiencies)
Who is the project for?
TALE (Transport and Logistical Efficiencies) is a targeted business support programme supporting SMEs (Small and medium-sized enterprises) in the Logistics sector in Norfolk, Suffolk, Essex, Kent and East Sussex to make the most of their logistics data, to improve profit margins and reduce costs.
to better understand and analyse their data to increase their efficiency. The project demonstrates how, through data analytic tools and techniques, business can gain insights to improve their competitiveness across a range of themes:
- reduction of costs
- introduction of new services
- enhancement of customer service
- acquisition of new customers
- ensuring businesses are protected from risks of cyber-attacks.
Specialist expertise is provided by the University of Essex and University of Kent.
What does it offer?
- Diagnostics assessment of current data capabilities
- Workshops on topics on better data use e.g. Customer Insights, BI, Cyber Security
- Grants up to £60,000 (40% intervention rate) for projects utilising data.
Who is delivering this project?
Haven Gateway Partnership, with delivery partners Universities of Essex and Kent, and accountable body Essex County Council.
The project will run until March 2021.
European Regional Development Fund
The South East LEP has been given an indicative allocation of £74.1 million of ERDF for projects to support Jobs and Growth in our area. The funding is focussed as follows:
- Support for Research and Innovation (priority axis 1)
- SME Growth and Competitiveness (priority axis 3)
- Shift Towards a Low Carbon Economy (priority axis 4)
- EU Projects - Business Growth