Medway Cycling Action Plan
- Capital Investment - Kent & Medway, More than £2m, LGF1
LGF project delivered
Project completion date
This scheme delivers a range of measures designed to improve access to cycling in Medway. The scheme aims to increase overall cycle trips and achieve the accompanying benefits of an increased cycling populace of improved network performance and contributing to tackling wider health and environmental issues such as obesity and climate change.
The package of measures will:
- expand and improve Medway’s cycling network
- deliver training and participation in cycling
- improve partnership working with local groups
- deliver cycling information and promotional material
- maintain and develop travel plans.
Capital Programme delivery update
Take a look at our update on the delivery of the Local Growth Fund (LGF) and Growing Places Fund (GPF) capital programmes.
£570m of investment to East Sussex, Essex, Kent, Medway, Southend and Thurrock
In total the SELEP Growth Deal with Government has brought nearly £600m of investment to East Sussex, Essex, Kent, Medway, Southend and Thurrock and over the lifetime of the Deal (2015-2021) we aim to deliver 78,000 jobs and 29,000 homes.
The deal and brings new responsibilities and flexibilities and is set to attract a further £960 million extra investment into the South East over the five years.