Devonshire Park Quarter Redevelopment
- Capital Investment - East Sussex, More than £2m, LGF3
LGF project delivered
Project completion date
The scheme will deliver:
- improved conference facilities – to compete more effectively;
- Improved arts venues – attracting more visitors;
- New tennis facilities – for the prestigious Aegon Tournament;
- Distinct gateway and public realm.
Through this investment, Devonshire Park will be a major contributor to the future economic vibrancy of Eastbourne town.
The “Welcome Building”
Will be the vital first step of the £44 million project. It will provide:
- Two new large conference spaces with full HGV access;
- Central box office/conference delegate reception;
- Lift access addressing the access issues of the Congress Theatre;
- Coffee/wine bar;
- Breakout/hospitality space;
- Visitor/Delegate information.
Addressing long standing issues
The Welcome Building will address a long standing problem – the conference spaces are outdated and insufficient to meet modern needs, resulting in over £800,000 of lost business last financial year. Overcoming this will make Devonshire Park again a leading venue – securing top delegate day rates, generating significant revenue for the local economy. It will also It will be the catalyst for the long term development of the site.
Capital Programme delivery update
Take a look at our update on the delivery of the Local Growth Fund (LGF) and Growing Places Fund (GPF) capital programmes.
£579m of investment to East Sussex, Essex, Kent, Medway, Southend and Thurrock
In total the SELEP Growth Deal with Government has brought £579m of investment to East Sussex, Essex, Kent, Medway, Southend and Thurrock. Over the lifetime of the Growth Deal (2015-2021) we aim to deliver 78,000 jobs and 29,000 homes across the SELEP area, with the Deal set to attract a further £960m of investment into the South East over the six year period.