Devonshire Park Quarter Re-development
The scheme will deliver:
- improved conference facilities – to compete more effectively
- Improved arts venues – attracting more visitors
- New tennis facilities – for the prestigious Aegon Tournament
- Distinct gateway and public realm
Through this investment, Devonshire Park will be a major contributor to the future economic vibrancy of Eastbourne town.
The “Welcome Building”
Will be the vital first step of the £44million project. It will provide:
- Two new large conference spaces with full HGV access
- Central box office/conference delegate reception
- Lift access addressing the access issues of the Congress Theatre
- Coffee / wine bar
- Breakout / hospitality space
- Visitor/Delegate information
Addressing long standing issues
The Welcome Building will address a long standing problem – the conference spaces are outdated and insufficient to meet modern needs, resulting in over £800,000 of lost business last financial year.
Overcoming this will make Devonshire Park again a leading venue – securing top delegate day rates, generating significant revenue for the local economy. It will also It will be the catalyst for the long term development of the site.
- Capital Investment - East Sussex, LGF3, More than £2m