Dartford Town Centre Improvements
- Capital Investment - Kent & Medway, More than £2m, LGF3
Design in progress
Expected completion date
- Market Street – the creation of a civic space linking the High Street with Central Park, the Acacia complex and a mixed use development to the south of the town centre
- Hythe Street between High Street and Westgate Road – improving pedestrian and cycle space and streetscape alongside a mixed use development opportunity site which links the High Street with bus and rail services and Prospect Place shopping complex
- Junction improvements re-balancing highway capacity for all users including pedestrians, cyclists, buses and general motorised transport and associated public realm improvements at:
– Hythe Street, Westgate Road and Home Gardens
– East Hill, Overy Liberty with Home Gardens
– Lowfield Street with Instone Road (enabling two way flows on Instone Road)
– Highfield Road with Instone Road (enabling two way flows on Highfield Road and Instone Road)
– West Hill with Highfield Road (enabling two way flows on Highfield Road).
Capital Programme delivery update
Take a look at our update on the delivery of the Local Growth Fund (LGF) and Growing Places Fund (GPF) capital programmes.
£570m of investment to East Sussex, Essex, Kent, Medway, Southend and Thurrock
In total the SELEP Growth Deal with Government has brought nearly £600m of investment to East Sussex, Essex, Kent, Medway, Southend and Thurrock and over the lifetime of the Deal (2015-2021) we aim to deliver 78,000 jobs and 29,000 homes.
The deal and brings new responsibilities and flexibilities and is set to attract a further £960 million extra investment into the South East over the five years.