Chatham Town Centre place-making and public realm
- Capital Investment - Kent & Medway, More than £2m, LGF1
LGF project delivered
Project completion date
This scheme delivers public realm and accessibility improvements on an important gateway into a regional business centre. The scheme improves the links between Chatham railway station and Chatham town centre and waterfront area, resulting in improved access from the station to large areas of employment, retail and education in the town centre and beyond, particularly for people with mobility difficulties. The project will include:
- gateway improvements at Chatham station
- improved walking and cycling facilities
- improvements to hard and soft landscaping along the corridor from the train station to the town including the creation of a civic square
- traffic management measures near Chatham station
- signage and way-marking improvements and public art installations.
Capital Programme delivery update
Take a look at our update on the delivery of the Local Growth Fund (LGF) and Growing Places Fund (GPF) capital programmes.
£579m of investment to East Sussex, Essex, Kent, Medway, Southend and Thurrock
In total the SELEP Growth Deal with Government has brought £579m of investment to East Sussex, Essex, Kent, Medway, Southend and Thurrock. Over the lifetime of the Growth Deal (2015-2021) we aim to deliver 78,000 jobs and 29,000 homes across the SELEP area, with the Deal set to attract a further £960m of investment into the South East over the six year period.