A414 Harlow to Chelmsford
- Capital Investment - Essex, Southend & Thurrock, More than £2m, LGF1
Design in progress
Expected completion date
The following top five priority improvements were identified;
- Widford Roundabout – extend and formalise 2 lane approach and departure,
- Four Wantz Roundabout – Resize roundabout and improve lane designation,
- Signalise Four Wantz Roundabout,
- Ban right turn into Hastingwood Road,
- Public Transport – Liaise with bus operators to increase frequency of services.
Capital Programme delivery update
Take a look at our update on the delivery of the Local Growth Fund (LGF) and Growing Places Fund (GPF) capital programmes.
£570m of investment to East Sussex, Essex, Kent, Medway, Southend and Thurrock
In total the SELEP Growth Deal with Government has brought nearly £600m of investment to East Sussex, Essex, Kent, Medway, Southend and Thurrock and over the lifetime of the Deal (2015-2021) we aim to deliver 78,000 jobs and 29,000 homes.
The deal and brings new responsibilities and flexibilities and is set to attract a further £960 million extra investment into the South East over the five years.