European Regional Development Fund (ERDF)
The objectives of all projects are to support SMEs and create jobs.The European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) focuses on supporting business competitiveness, creating jobs, investment in research and innovation, and the low carbon economy.
SELEP’s notional allocation for the 2014-2020 programme (using the recognised 2015/16 exchange rate of 0.78) is £74.1m.
Further reading & links
Click here for a short guide to the European Regional Development Fund and European Social Fund
Click here to read the ERDF 2014-2020 Operational Programme
Click here for Government’s webpages on European Structural Investment Funds
Click here to subscribe to email alerts for European Structural Investment Funds
Click here to see a list of all open and closed ERDF calls across England
European Agricultural Fund for Rural Development (EAFRD)
The focus of EAFRD in the SELEP ESIF Strategy is:
- Provide support for rural businesses
- Optimise the growth and development of the Agrifood sector
- Support the development of sustainable rural tourism
- Support development and provision of enhanced levels of connectivity (not including Broadband)
- Support development of a more efficient low carbon and sustainable rural economy