The Digital Skills Partnership from the South East Local Enterprise Partnership has partnered with Coursera to provide free, online learning resources to 10,000 users across the South East. Individuals were invited to register their interest here, at the South East LEP site, and then enrol on courses prior to the 31st October deadline in order to complete at no cost before the end of December 2020.
There are more than 4,300 courses available to those facing redundancy, on furlough, or those looking to reskill to enter a new industry.
Courses on offer include:
What is Coursera?
Coursera is a leading online learning platform for higher education. Every course on Coursera is taught by top instructors from world-class universities and companies, so you can learn something new anytime, anywhere.
With Coursera you can:
- Learn the latest skills like business analytics, graphic design, Python, and more
- Get ready for a career in high-demand fields like IT, AI and cloud engineering
- Earn a certificate or degree from a leading university in business, computer science, and more
- Upskill your organisation with on-demand training and development programs
Hints and Tips for getting the most out of e-learning, with Coursera:
- Here’s a great video from Verbal to Visual about making the most of e-learning
- Take a look at these pro tips for using the Coursera platform
- Hear from people like Patricia and Charlotte who, like many others, decided to learn new skills with Coursera
- The Coursera Community page is a space to seek answers and discuss issues with other learners and the Coursera support team
Free Learning from Microsoft (in partnership with LinkedIn Learning and GitHub)
Microsoft has recently launched an initiative, aimed at helping 25 million people worldwide to acquire the digital skills needed in a COVID-19 environment. In partnership with LinkedIn Learning and GitHub, Microsoft are offering free learning paths mapped to jobs that are in-demand, discounted Microsoft certifications to validate skills, and best practices for job searching and interview prepping, so you can put your best foot forward.
You’ll need a LinkedIn profile to take up their online courses, search and apply for jobs and access help around interview skills, including access to the AI-powered interview practice tool. Free content is available until the end of March 2021. Take a look here
More training on offer
You can also check out the offers from the South East LEP’s local colleges through our independent training providers:
Sussex Council of Training ProvidersClick here
Essex Provider NetworkClick here
Kent Association of Training OrganisationsClick here
Thinking of becoming a lecturer?
Following the successful launch of SELEP’s Teaching for Growth project in 2019, the Become a Lecturer campaign provides industry experts across the SELEP patch with a wealth of information on how to make use of their skills in a teaching environment by becoming a lecturer, tutor or assessor in Further Education.
Across the South East LEP area, there is particular demand for lecturers in Engineering, Construction, Digital Technologies, plus Health and Care professions. Follow the link below to view current vacancies and further information on the roles and benefits of FE lecturers.